'Hot Off The Press'
Meet 'The Green Team'
With Earth Day 2009 on the horizon, The FCC has put together a specially trained team to bolster the company's environmental efforts.
Betty Ford: Back For Just One More
After a two-year hiatus from the Phnom Penh music scene, Betty Ford and the GT Falcons announce a surprise show.
Tim Page Looks Back
In Cambodia working on a couple of long-term projects, photojournalist Tim Page remembers Angkor Wat in the 60s, the movie "Apocalypse Now," and fellow photographer Sean Flynn.
Fresco BKK: Chill Out Sessions
Hard week at the mill?
Let us take over for a while so you can unwind. Free childminders, movies for kids and plenty of toys and fun for them. Half-priced wine selection and complimentary snacks for you. Who can argue with that? Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 5-9 p.m. at Cafe Fresco BKK.
FCC Angkor: Celebrate New Year in Style
In celebration of Khmer New Year, The FCC Angkor is offering special discounts on rooms, food and other services until April 20th. View the flyer for complete details.
Cafe Fresco Central Market: Now Open
Don't forget, Cafe Fresco Central Market is now open on the southeast side of the market. Enjoy all your Cafe Fresco favorites.
Pacharan: Lunch Special
Two tapas plates, bread and alioli, a glass of sangria, beer or wine, plus coffee all for just $7. Every day at Pacharan from 11 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
MEMBERS DISCOUNT: 25% off lunch everyday.
Chow: Chow 8 Lunch Special
Sample the new scrumptious Asian lunch special from Chow, with wine. Only $8. See the menu.
The Quay: Happy Hour
Happy Hour at The Quay from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Enjoy half-priced juices and cocktails and $1 Tiger Draft beer. Rooftop open to the public.
Headlines From the Phnom Penh Post
City switches off for Earth Hour
Businesses around the capital, and the world, plunged into darkness Saturday night to show their support for Earth Hour and global action against climate change.
Pushing artistic boundaries
The all-video art exhibit 'Virtual Geometries' aims to change the landscape of creative communication in the Kingdom.
Siem Reap's giant puppets revive tradition, but with a modern twist
The third annual giant puppet project is reviving the lost tradition of lantern puppets, with a parade of educational art pieces made by Siem Reap children in a series of workshops.
Calendar of Events
FCC Phnom Penh
- Seafood Semillion Sundays, Seafood Platter plus free flow of Semillion. $28 per person. Kids under 6 free, 6-12 years 1/2 price. Kids entertained under supervision. 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Sunday April 5th.
- Juram Jam, Saturday April 25, 8 p.m.
- Mamma Mia, a sing-along, in conjunction with AsiaLife. Saturday May 23, 8 p.m.
- Premier League on the BIG SCREEN every weekend at the FCC Rooftop. $1 Tiger Draft during matches.
- Wine Dinner, 3-course dinner with matching wine flight, $39. April 10th.
- Loco Wednesdays, 1/2 price Mojitos, Sangria and Caprioska from 6 p.m.
- Chill out sessions Discounted wines and activities for kids. Every Thu, Fri and Sat from 5 to 9 p.m.
- Max Mellow on strings (acoustic music). Every Friday 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Khmer Buffet, every Saturday, $15.
- Premiere League football Every Saturday & Sunday.
Back issues of The Wires are available online.