'Hot Off The Press'
The Flooded Forests of Cambodia
Photographer Paul Stewart documents the flooded forests of Cambodia's northern Mekong in gorgeous blue monotone panorama.
House of Yoga
The Kundalini Yoga House provides an accessible alternative to standard activities on the Phnom Penh arts and entertainment scene
Tattooed in the Penh
Veteran tattoo artist Mark Cassidy calls Cambodia home, and he has a few sage words for the casual observer considering getting inked in Phnom Penh
Fresco BKK: Chill Out Sessions
Hard week at the mill?
Let us take over for a while so you can unwind. Free childminders, movies for kids and plenty of toys and fun for them. Half-priced wine selection and a $5 pasta menu for you. Who can argue with that? Everyday from 5 to 9 p.m. at Café Fresco BKK.
Café Fresco Central Market: Now Open
Don't forget, Café Fresco Central Market is now open on the southeast side of the market. Enjoy all your Café Fresco favorites.
Pacharan: Lunch Special
Two tapas plates, bread and alioli, a glass of sangria, beer or wine, plus coffee all for just $7. Every day at Pacharan from 11 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
MEMBERS DISCOUNT: 25% off lunch everyday.
Chow: Chow 8 Lunch Special
Sample the scrumptious Asian Lunch Special from Chow, with wine. Only $8. See the menu.
The Quay: Happy Hour
Happy Hour at The Quay from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Enjoy half-priced juices and cocktails and $1 Tiger Draft beer. Rooftop open to the public.
Headlines From the Phnom Penh Post
Mondulkiri's roads less travelled offer respite
As construction of a new highway cuts travel time from the capital, Mondulkiri emerges as a rugged yet relaxed alternative for visitors.
Changing the face of dance
Relatively new in Cambodia, contemporary dance is making inroads with performers and audiences. But its roots remain steadfastly traditional.
Luxury hidden oasis is the best Kep secret
Swiss-born Dan Kreis and his wife Cheang have created a balance between luxury and wilderness on the south coast.
Calendar of Events
- Artisans d'angkor Annual Sale May 16-23. 9am - 6pm
FCC Phnom Penh
- Mekong Pirates. Live music. Saturday May 9th, 9pm
- Juram Jam. Acoustic guitar. Saturday May 23, 8 p.m.
- Pascal Jolivet, Wine Makers Dinner 4-course dinner with
matching wines. Thursday May 28th, 7:30 pm. $35.00 per person
- Mamma Mia. Movie screening, sing-along, performances,
prizes and giveaways. Happy hours from 5-9 p.m. Dress up in your best 70s-80s
costume. DJ Illest mixing it up with some fab ABBA classics. Free entrance for
anyone in costume, $2.00 for everyone else. In conjunction with AsiaLife. Saturday May 30, 7:30 p.m.
- "Ramsar Site 999 - The Flooded Forests of Northern Cambodia", panoramic photographs by Paul Stewart. Through May 31.
- Sunday Seafood Semillon Brunch. All-you-can-eat Seafood plus a free flow of Semillon and supervised activities for kids. First Sunday of every month. $28.00 per person from 11:00 - 3:00 pm.
- Premier League on the BIG SCREEN every weekend at the FCC Rooftop. $1 Tiger Draft during matches.
- Cuban night with DJ Felipe mixing it up. Thursday May 28th, 8pm
- Loco Wednesdays, 1/2 price Mojitos, Sangria and Caprioska from 6 p.m.
- Max Mellow on strings (acoustic music). Every Friday 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Premiere League football Every Saturday & Sunday.
Back issues of The Wires are available online.