'Hot Off The Press'
Chilling Out at Cafe Fresco
'Chillout Sessions' at Cafe Fresco BKK offer great pastas, good wines, and a chance to chill out and let the kids play. Everyday.
A Calling for Cambodian Poets
Cambodian and overseas poets will converge on the capital in June for the Nou Hach Literary Association's 7th annual international poetry festival
Exhibit Uncovers Mysterious Pre-Angkorian Past
Newest exhibit at the National Museum offers clues to pre-Angkorian civilizations
Fresco BKK: Chill Out Sessions
Hard week at the mill?
Let us take over for a while so you can unwind. Free childminders, movies for kids and plenty of toys and fun for them. Half-priced wine selection and a $5 pasta menu for you. Who can argue with that? Everyday from 5 to 9 p.m. at Café Fresco BKK.
Café Fresco Central Market: Now Open
Don't forget, Café Fresco Central Market is now open on the southeast side of the market. Enjoy all your Café Fresco favorites.
Pacharan: Lunch Special
Two tapas plates, bread and alioli, a glass of sangria, beer or wine, plus coffee all for just $7. Every day at Pacharan from 11 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
MEMBERS DISCOUNT: 25% off lunch everyday.
Chow: Chow 8 Lunch Special
Sample the scrumptious Asian Lunch Special from Chow, with wine. Only $8. See the menu.
The Quay: Happy Hour
Happy Hour at The Quay from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Enjoy half-priced juices and cocktails and $1 Tiger Draft beer. Rooftop open to the public.
Headlines From the Phnom Penh Post
Angkor lights stir controversy
A heritage specialist has requested intervention from the prime minister in a disagreement over light fixtures on temples at the Angkor Wat complex.
Dance school teaches sacred arts
A Banteay Srey dance school started by Lady Coxen is transforming rough-edged girls from poor Siem Reap villages into disciplined performers of traditional ceremonies.
Song clothing line opens in Siem Reap
Siem Reap's small but burgeoning fashion design scene has been bolstered by the retail presence of high-profile Hanoi-based designer Valerie Gregori McKenzie, owner of the chic, eco-friendly fashion label Song.
Calendar of Events
FCC Phnom Penh
- Sunday Seafood Semillon Brunch. All-you-can-eat Seafood plus a free flow of Semillon and supervised activities for kids. First Sunday of every month. $28.00 per person from 11:00 - 3:00 pm.
- Premier League on the BIG SCREEN every weekend at the FCC Rooftop. $1 Tiger Draft during matches.
- Salsa Night with DJ Jimmy, Thursday June 25.
- Loco Wednesdays, 1/2 price Mojitos, Sangria and Caprioska from 6 p.m.
- DJ Achaya, Saturday June 13, 9.pm.
- Max Mellow on strings (acoustic music). Every Friday 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Premiere League football Every Saturday & Sunday.
Back issues of The Wires are available online.