'Hot Off The Press'
FCC Summertime News
Live music, DJs, great room deals and more are all on tap for August at the FCC and beyond.
The FCC has teamed up with two veteran photographers to create holidays that put shooting at the center of your journey.
In "People in the Neighbourhood," the artist named Fox turns characters from Phnom Penh's notoriously colorful street life into energetic monochromes.
Happy Hour at The Quay
Happy Hour at The Quay from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Enjoy half-priced juices and cocktails and $1 Tiger Draft beer. Rooftop now open to the public.
Headlines From the Phnom Penh Post
Exhibition captures Cambodia's vanishing wood house heritage
A series of 26 exquisitely detailed watercolors depicting almost-extinct traditional Khmer houses have gone on show in Phnom Penh.
Journalists rewarded for ethics
Human Rights Watch this week awarded its Hellman/Hammet writer's award, given for principled expression under hostile conditions, to Cheang Bopha and Duong Sokha, two former reporters of French-language newspaper Cambodge Soir.
Silkmakers to spin industry revival
Three businesses held a 'Silkworm Social' on July 17 at the Regents Park Hotel in Phnom Penh to promote silkmaking in Cambodia.
Calendar of Events
FCC Phnom Penh
- "People in the Neighbourhood," 16 oil-on-wood paintings by Fox, Aug 1 - Sep 15, 2008. Opening night reception with the artist August 1, 6 - 8 p.m.
- Bad Neighbor, Latin-rock ensemble from Saigon, 9 p.m. August 16.
- Summer Sessions, chill house beats from DJ Illest, 9 - 11 p.m. Thursday August 7 & 28.
- "FCC Permanent Collection," four decades of Cambodian history in photographs. Ongoing.
- Extended Olympic coverage
- Sunday night movies
Back issues of The Wires are available online.