'Hot Off The Press'
Double Exposure: The Angkor Photo Festival Captures Phnom Penh
After three solo years in Siem Reap, the Angkor Photography Festival will expand to include Phnom Penh this year.
November 2008: On Tap
Live music, DJ Glaser from Sweden, and the Water Festival highlight a bustling November calendar at The FCC.
Floating on the Bay of Fortune
A Halong Bay boat cruise is the quintessential travel experience in northern Vietnam, a peaceful journey across waters of charm and tranquility.
FCC Angkor: Romantic Temples
During the month of November take 10% off the FCC Angkor's Romantic Temples get-away, a 4-day, 3-night package to the temples of Angkor and pampering from Visaya Spa.
The Quay: Phnom Penh Weekender Escape
Stay 2 nights in a Panorama Suite at The Quay with airport transfer, sparkling wine for 2 on arrival, and meals at Chow, the FCC and Pacharan. All for just US$375 per couple. For more details visit The Quay web site.
Chow: Chow 8 Lunch Special
Sample the new scrumptious Asian lunch special from Chow, with wine. Only $8. See the menu.
The Quay: Happy Hour
Happy Hour at The Quay from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Enjoy half-priced juices and cocktails and $1 Tiger Draft beer. Rooftop open to the public.
Visaya Spa: Sole To Soul
Relax and rejuvenate with Visaya Spa's special "Sole to Soul" massage package. Settle in with a foot massage, followed by a full-body
aroma oil massage. Then refresh with an anti-stress facial and face massage. It's 120 minutes of pure pampering for only $75. Visit Visaya Spa. Or call Visaya Spa, 063 760 814.
Headlines From the Phnom Penh Post
Ailing railway set for upgrade
The Cambodian government is to hand over management of the national railway to an Australian company for upgrade and expansion.
Foreign ownership rules to be eased
Real estate agents say coming change in law that would allow foreigners to own apartments and condominiums not attached to the underlying land could be a boon for property sales.
Unesco to post signs at Preah Vihear
An official with the Council of Ministers said Tuesday the Cambodian National Committee, in partnership with Unesco, will post signs at Preah Vihear temple to create a protection zone around the World Heritage site..
Calendar of Events
DJ Glaser from Sweden spins at The FCC Angkor on the 28th and The FCC Phnom Penh on the 29th.
FCC Phnom Penh
- U.S. Election Party with Democrats Abroad. Wednesday Nov 5; starts 8 a.m. and goes all day.
- Juram, acoustic music from the Philippines, Wednesday Nov 5, 8 p.m.
- "Noodle Soup and Other Morning Rituals by the Mekong," photography by Angelica Arbulu. Opening night reception with the photographer Nov 6, 7 p.m. Through Dec 9.
- Water Festival Nov 10, 11 & 12.
- DJ Glazer from Sweden plays the opening party of Photo Phnom Penh. Saturday Nov 29, 9 p.m.
- Salsa Sundays with DJ Benjii & DJ Jay. 5-10 p.m.
- Water Festival Party. Thursday Nov 13, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday Brunch with DJ Rupert. DJ Rupert spins jazz and bossa nova. Sunday Nov 23, 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Juram, acoustic music from the Philippines, Saturday Nov 1, 8:30 p.m.
- Salsa Night every Monday at 8 p.m.
- Juram, acoustic music from the Philippines, in conjunction with the Angkor Photo Festival. Sunday Nov 23, 8 p.m.
- Images of the Year, slide show presented by Agence France Presse, in conjunction with the Angkor Photo Festival. Monday Nov 24, 8:30 p.m.
- DJ Glazer from Sweden plays the closing party of the Angkor Photo Festival. Friday Nov 28, 7 p.m.
- Max Mellow on strings (acoustic music). Every Friday 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Premiere League football Every Saturday & Sunday.
For more details see the November 2008: On Tap story.
Back issues of The Wires are available online.